Thursday 14 February 2013


This rather tatty postcard which I have had for many years says

My heart is so sad, my hopes so deferred
My nights pass so weary - the day's joy deterred
Whilst I pray for your safety - yet fear
All darling, because you're not here.

I was just thinking of all those people who will be enjoying Valentine's day together today yet so many others are separated from their loved ones who are in unsafe places.

This video looks so dated but I couldn't bear to listen to this when my husband was away whilst in the Navy.

 

1 comment:

  1. The postcard is beautiful and has such a sweet sentiment,It is sad to think of all those that will be apart today and the worry of where they are too.
    I can imagine you not being able to listen to Sailing,It must have made you fill up every time.
    Happy Valentines Day x

    ReplyDelete