Sunday 10 June 2012

A beautiful garden

Staying on the gardens theme, I visited a friend's garden yesterday and it is quite frankly the loveliest garden I have ever seen; I would love my own garden to be like her's.  This is quite impossible as hers is very long and narrow and mine is wide and short.  Plus it does help that she is a professional gardener and ceramicist so has both an artist's and a gardener's eye for what looks good.


This gate draws you in and the garden has so many little areas it is as if you are discovering  a secret garden all for yourself for the very first time!



The plants in this lady's garden are amazing but it was the quirky vintagey items which caught my eye and had to be photographed.  Perhaps some of the gardenalia on my website will now be sold to me!










6 comments:

  1. I really like the gothic archway especially. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is my sort of garden! many thanks for the opportunity to have a look around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! your friend's garden is sooooooo beautiful! I love everything about it ;oD

    Just love the stones & water features along with the foliage. Perfect oasis!

    Thanks! for sharing.

    Have a great week!

    Blessings & Hugs,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful garden I like the arch best but every thing is lovely, love Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started to write my comment and glanced at the last one posted - I was going to say pretty much the same things. Love the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes what a gorgeous garden with lots od interesting things going on - I love the stone archway.

    Melissah
    Country Style Chic

    ReplyDelete