Friday 19 December 2008

The builders are here!

This evening I have been going through all my photos on the computer and deleting a lot of them. I thought I would share a few of my favourites with you.

This step is outside a shop near here, one that has been well patronised by the look of it.

A very old tree trunk.


Original and authentic crackle glaze.



The builders have been here for 3 days and, so far, it has been completely stress free! The back of the house has gone and I have a perfectly useable half a kitchen with everything I could need except for the dishwasher. This is what the house looked like before ...


and this is how it looks this morning!


Hopefully it won't be too long before I can show a photo of the end result with the pitched roof with velux windows and glass doors all along the back.














4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it's all not too stressful at the moment! Amazing how quickly they can knock something down! I really enjoyed looking at your other pictures too.

    I just realised that it's your website that I have a chair bookmarked that I ogle now and again - a white painted child's chair with a red cushion, I just love it! If I get any money for Christmas I'm likely to snap it up if it hasn't gone already :)

    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth

    Exciting times! Can't wait to see the end result.

    Have a lovely time over Christmas and hopefully we'll meet up again sometime in the New Year.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green crackled paint on the door. I love paint when it's like this. You've got lots of work going on, look forward to seeing the end result.
    Regards Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have before and after pics quite similar in a previous house!

    I love the door step photo. If that was mine I'd get rid of all that concrete and expose those beautiful worn bricks.

    That crackle is the only type I would ever entertain - original.

    ReplyDelete