Monday 31 December 2007

Happy New Year

Well here we are on the last day of 2007 going forward to another year and wondering what 2008 will bring. On a personal level I hope we get to move house, that the chain at the bottom starts to move and the house we put in an offer on months ago is still ours for the wanting. I hope that my daughter's dream job isn't, after all, part of the redundancies package which has been announced where she works and I hope that all us vintage enthusiasts are inundated with orders as others decide, too, that the vintage look is for them!

I recently posted about old and new friends and no sooner had I done so I made a new blog friend. Michele from Cowboys & Custard telephoned me in response to a comment I left on her blog about living in Coverack in Cornwall.


It seems we had both lived there in the 60s and despite not remembering each other we had a long conversation finding that we had known so many of the same people , reminding each other of some we had forgotten. Thankyou so much for contacting me Michele and that 'journey' down memory lane.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year and a prosperous 2008. Thankyou all for your comments and friendship throughout 2007.

(Hope you enjoy the YouTube Happy New Year above.)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ruth
    How lovely to see that lovely old photo of Coverack.. I really enjoyed our chat the other day and hope to add some more names to the list as my memory starts to unwind..
    Wishing you a Very Happy New Year..
    Love and best
    Michelex

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you and Michele to have this in common, you will have so much fun in reminiscing about your youth! It is unbelievable at what this blogging throws up isn't it, you may never have become acquainted by any other means, I am sure there is a strange phenomena at work here. I wish you and your family all the best for the New Year and look forward to more blog posts from you in 2008. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a small world sometimes isn't it? How lovely to be able to talk about days gone past. I love Coverack, we had a glorious week there in September. Such a lovely place. We stayed in a thatched cottage called The Cot and had a steep walk down to get fish for tea. Everyone was very friendly and the coastline is just stunning isn't it?

    ReplyDelete