Sunday 13 May 2007

Portugal

I haven't posted anything for ages. We've been away on holiday and since we returned I have been trying to catch up on leaving messages on other people's blogs with no time to write my own. We spent a week on the Algarve staying in two pousadas both of which were wonderful for different reasons. The first was a converted 14th century convent in Tavira

which had a beautiful quadrangle.

These are the stairs to our room.

The second pousada was on the coast at Sagres and this is the view from our balcony window

This is me looking rather windblown in the most south western point in Europe, Cabo Sao Vicente.
I have never been to Portugal before but would love to return. Most of my holiday photos seem to be of doors and deserted buildings!




I won't bore you with anymore!

12 comments:

  1. Bore? I think it is interesting, and i also have never been in Portugal but always wanted to :) I also did imagine taht it was colourful, and it shure was :) It sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed yourself! Thank you for sharing beautiful pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh not bored at all! They look just lovely. I soooo want to be there right now, that building is just gorgeous. Did it have all mod cons or the charming rustic sales speak i've experienced in the past?!

    Perhaps (i think you were south west?) when you look through your photos, take an especially close look for Madeleine or anything odd?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely time you look as if you had thanks for sharing your photos.
    Take care,
    Alison x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not boring, what lovely pictures!!
    I have so enjoyed them, and your blog, I feel like I took a mini vacation! Thanks so much.

    Lidy
    frenchgardenhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never be bored with photos such as those! Absolutely beautiful! How fortunate to be able to see so many other countries in such a relatively short distance and time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how beautiful those pics are! I would so love to be able to visit another country...England and Italy are on my "to do" list!

    Thank you for the kind comment on mhy blog regarding my mother. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos, not boring at all! Lovely to see some sunshine! I've been to Portugal once and thought it was such a beautiful country.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is not boring at all! I love all of your photos and everything is just gorgeous! You must have had such a nice time. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again
    Thanks for the lovely comments - yes, the fairies do reply!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again
    Thanks for the lovely comments - yes, the fairies do reply!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good you liked Portugal. Next time you must go up the country, to Sintra and to the North. It's much more nicer than the Algarve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olá
    Nice photos. On my tour here in the net I found your blog and I it was nice to see such beautifull photos from my country. That's nice you've enjoyed the trip. Next week I'll be in algarve too for some vacations!

    ReplyDelete